What’s up with the colors?
Students begin at the white belt level progressing through five stages of skills and achievement. At each stage of their musical education, students master the skills necessary to play, perform, and compose with confidence and conviction.
How long does it take to graduate belt levels?
It typically takes about 9-weeks to graduate one from one belt level to the next. To do so, students must earn four stripes at each belt level. Each stripe demonstrates mastery over a specific musical concept, repertoire, or compositional technique.
How does my child get better at the guitar?
1. Listen to some music at home every day.
2. Purchase Guitar for Kids: Rock Dojo The Complete Belt System!
3. Practice. A little bit every day goes a long way.
4. Have fun!
5. . . . And don’t forget to celebrate your child’s achievements on the guitar!
How much should my child practice at home?
We suggest practicing 10 to 15 minutes every day with great focus. For more in-depth practice tips, check out Five Tips to Help Your Child Succeed at the Guitar.
What size guitar should I buy for my kid?
What type of guitar should I buy for my kid?
1. Choose between electric or acoustic.
2. Electric Guitars need amp + cable.
3. Nylon strings acoustic guitars are easier for small fingers.
4. Choose a comfortable guitar, in good condition.
5. Purchase a tuner.
We highly recommend the following guitars (just remember to keep the sizing chart in mind when ordering your child’s first guitar):